Sunday, May 2, 2010

Move Your Body!


I have not yet used this theme, but am looking forward to a fun month of finger plays, songs, and movement. Here are a few song suggestions to move to.


Janeen Brady's Watch Me Sing album contains a few great body movement songs.

Of course the Marching Feet song is perfect for Marching.

See Me Run is always a fun way to move that body.

Eyes Were Made For Seeing, I Wiggle My Torso, and I Have Ten Toes are great body awareness songs.



Laurie Berkner also has a few fun songs to move our wonderful bodies to.

Song In My Tummy is a fun action song about different body parts having a song.

I Really Love to Dance is a fun dancing song.

Bring Your Clothes is an action song where you can move your body with the instructions of the song.


Here are a few other songs by other artists.


Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes is always a fun body challenge.

Anna Banana is a song of counting, clapping and doing the splits.

Here is a link to some creative ways to get the kids to interact.

If you have any great ideas or success please share. Enjoy moving your bodies with your kids this month!


2 comments:

April said...

One of my online music resources is Nancy Stewart, http://www.nancymusic.com/ and one of her songs is "When I Hear the Music". I use this for body movement, it's a favorite!

Kathleen said...

Thank you April! I'm gonna download a ton of her music. It looks like a lot of fun for our music maker kids:)