Saturday, March 14, 2009

Insects/Spring - Fingerplays

Ant Hill

Once I saw an anthill with no ants about. (fingers curled under, concealed)
So I said, "Dear little ants, won't you come out?"
Then, as if the little ants had heard my call,
One, two, three, four, five come out? (as numbers are called, fingers are extended)
And that was all!


Ladybugs

I saw a little ladybug flying in the air,
But when I tried to catch her, two bugs were there.
Two little ladybugs flew up in a tree.
I tiptoed very quietly, and then I saw three.
Three little ladybugs--I looked for one more.
I saw one sitting on the ground, that made four.
Four little ladybugs--another one arrived.
I saw her sitting on a flower, and that made five.
Five little ladybugs, all red and black--
I clapped my hands and shouted, and they all flew back!


Bugs

1, 2, 3 ( hold up fingers)
There is a bug on me! (point to shoulder)
Where did it go? ( brush off)
I don't know ( Shrug Shoulder and look really puzzled)

Caterpillar
Let the words describe the actions

Little fuzzy caterpillar
In your warm cocoon
The cold winter's over and you'll be hatching soon.
Then you'll spread your wings on a warm summer's day
and wave us all goodbye as you fly, fly away.



Bunny in the Ground

Here is a bunny with ears so funny (make bunny ears)
And here is his hole in the ground (make a circle with fingers)
When a noise he hears (put hand to ear)
He pricks up his ears, (hold bunny ears up straight)
And he jumps in his hole in the ground! (make hole with one hand and stick finger in it)


Five Little Ladybugs

Five little Ladybugs climbing up a door
One Flew away then there were four
Four Little ladybugs sitting on a tree
One flew away then there were three
Three little ladybugs landed on a shoe
One flew away and then there were two
Two little ladybugs looking for some fun
One flew away and then there was one
One little ladybug sitting in the sun
She flew away and then there were none


Roly-Poly Caterpillar

Roly-poly caterpillar (wiggle right pointer finger)
Into a corner crept, (place right pointer finger in left cupped hand)
Spun around himself a blanket (spin around)
Then for a long time slept. (place head on folded hands)
Roly-poly caterpillar (wiggle right pointer finger)
Wakening by and by, ("stretch" right pointer finger)
Found himself with beautiful wings
Changed to a butterfly. (flutter arms like wings)


A Beetle
Action poem

I know a beetle
Who lives down a drain
His coat's very shiny
But terribly plain
When I take a bath
He comes up the pipe
Together we wash
Together we wipe


Here is a Beehive

Here is a beehive. Where are the bees?
Hidden away where nobody sees.
Soon they come creeping out of the hive
1-2-3-4-5! BUZZ!


Five Green and Speckled Frogs

Five green and speckled frogs sitting on a speckled log,
eating the most delicious bugs, Yum! Yum!
One jumped into the pool, where it was nice and cool,
Now there are four, green and speckled frogs.
(Repeat 4, 3, 2, 1)


Ladybug

Ladybug, ladybug, where will you land?
(Flutter fingers in the air)
Ladybug, ladybug, come to my hand.
(Hold palm out of other hand)
Then you can crawl all the way up my arm,
(Land fluttering fingers in outstretched palm)
And I will assure you I'll do you no harm.
(Crawl fingers up arm)
When you fly away, when you fly away,
(Flutter fingers of on hand from palm)
I hope that you'll come back another fine day>
(Hold hand over heart while looking up)


Little Miss Muffet

Traditional nursery rhyme

Little Miss Muffet,
Sat on her tuffet,
Eating her curds and whey.
Along came a spider,
Who sat down beside her,
And frightened
Miss Muffet away.

2 comments:

John's Arts & Crafts said...

Great Poems! New blog on the Hx. of the Ladybug:
http://historyoftheladybug.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.