Monday, September 22, 2008

October Halloween Fingerplays

Halloween


Five Little Pumpkins

Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate,
The first one said,
“Oh, my, it’s getting late.”
The second one said,
“There are witches in the air.”
The third one said,
“But we don’t care.”
The fourth one said,
“Let’s run and run and run.”
The fifth one said,
“I’m ready for some fun.”
“Whooo!” went the wind,
and out went the light,
And the five little pumpkins
rolled out of sight.


The witch has an Itch
(tune: Farmer in the Dell)

The witch has an itch, The witch has an itch.
Oh where, oh where, oh were does the witch have an itch?

One her tiny little ____, her tiny little ____,
The witch has an itch on her tiny little _____.

(Children fill in body parts like toe, nose, etc.)


Four Little Spiders

Four little spiders, hanging from a tree,
Tried to decide what to wear on Halloween.
The first one said, “I’ll wear a tall black hat.”
The second one said,” I’ll dress up like a bat.”
The third one said, “A ghost I will be.”
The forth one said, "I think I'll just be me."
So the four little spiders, hanging from a tree,
Surprised the trick-or-treaters on the night of Halloween.



Mean Old Witch

I’m a mean old witch with a hat.
And I ride on my broom with my cat.
My shoes are pointed, and my chin is too.
“Whooooo-ooo-ooo!”
And you better watch out,
Or I might scare you!

I’m a mean old witch with a hat.
BOO!



Three Little Pumpkins

Three little pumpkins sitting on a fence
A witch came riding by
Ha! Ha! Ha! I’ll take you home
And make a pumpkin pie!
Ha! Ha!

(Repeat song with two little pumpkins,
Then one as each pumpkin is taken away one by one.)


Cats and Ghosts
(tune: Frere Jacques)

Have you heard them? Have you heard them?
Those black cats, Those black cats
In the night they’re prowling
In the night they’re prowling
Meow, meow, meow
Meow, meow, meow

Have you seen them?
Have you seen them?
Spooky ghosts, spooky ghosts
When the wind is blowing,
You may hear them going,
Wooo-oo-oo!


Mister Jack O’Lantern


Mister Jack o”Lantern is very round and fat
He has a yellow candle, lit right beneath his hat.
It makes his face look happy and very, very, bright.
When he winks and smiles at me on spooky Halloween night.

Halloween

One little skeleton hopping up and down
Two little witches flying through the air
Three little pumpkins rolling down the hill
Four little ghosts skipping down the street
Five little children playing trick-or-treat
(ding dong)
. . . for this is Halloween!!!

The Ghost Fingerplay

I saw a ghost (fingers circle eyes)
He saw me too (point to yourself)
I waved at him (wave your hand)
But he said, “Boo!” (try to scare the person next to you)

2 comments:

Andrew and Marie Harris said...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! It is so nice to have this allready done.

Brooke said...

Jeanette,
Bless you!! Just making up the fingerplay sheet brought back so many good memories. We miss you!!!