Sunday, October 26, 2008

November Fall/Thanksgiving Songs

Hello Mr. Turkey
Sung to: "If your Happy and you know it"

Hello Mr. Turkey, How are you?
Hello Mr. Turkey, How are you?
With a Gobble gobble gobble and a wobble wobble wobble.
Hello Mr. Turkey, How are you?

Beat The Drum
Sung to: "Row your boat"

Beat beat beat the drum
Beat it loud and clear

To tell brave Indians everywhere
that hunting time is near.

Cut cut cut the logs
make them long and short

To help the Pilgrims build a house
a warm and friendly fort.


The First Thanksgiving
Sung to: "Twinkle, Twinkle"

Pick the corn and pick the beans,
Pick the squash and other greens
It is harvest time you see
Come and share a feast with me.
Bring your family out to play,
We'll call this Thanksgiving Day


Thanksgiving Dinner
Sung to: "Frere Jacques"

We eat tur-key, we eat tur-key.
Oh, so good, Oh so good.
Al-ways on Thanks-giv-ing, al-ways on Thanks-giv-ing
Yum - yum - yum! Yum - yum - yum!
Second Verse: Mashed po-ta-toes
Third Verse: Pie and Ice-cream
Fourth Verse: Home-made bis-cuits
Fifth Verse: Tur-key dress-ing


One Little, Two Little...
Sung to: "One little, two little, three little Indians"

One little, two little, three little turkeys,
Gobbly, wobbly, bobbly turkeys,
hurry, scurry, worry turkey,
It’s Thanksgiving Day!


Turkey Trot Sung to: "farmer in the dell"

Do the turkey hop,
do the turkey run
Do the turkey gobble
Oh its alot of fun!

Now flap your wings,
like the turkeys do
run from the farmer
before she catches you.


Three Fat Turkeys

Three fat turkeys are we
We slept all night in a tree
When the cook came around
Only 2 could be found
Two fat turkeys are we.

Two fat turkeys are we
We slept all night in a tree
when the cook came around
only 1 could be found
One fat turkey am I.

One fat turkey am I
When the cook comes around I'll die
He won't catch my head
He'll just have to eat bread
One fat turkey am I.


Thanks to Our Father
Thanks to our Father we will bring,
For he gives us everything.
Eyes and ears and hands and feet,
clothes to wear, and food to eat.
Father, mother, baby small,
Heavenly Father gives us all.

Ten Little Indians
One little, two little, three little Indians
Four little, five little, six little Indians
Seven little, eight little, nine little Indians
Ten little Indian boys.


For Health and Strength
For health and strength and daily food
We praise thy name, O Lord.


Gobble Strut Strut
Gobble Strut Strut
Gobble Gobble Strut Strut a little
See the proud turkey parading over there

Gobble Strut Strut
Gobble Gobble Strut Strut a little
Silly old turkey had best beware

Gobble Strut Strut
Gobble Gobble Strut Strut a little
Looking so proud with his feathers in the air

Gobble Strut Strut
Gobble Gobble Strut Strut a little
Thinking that this is his last fanfare

I Am Thankful
Sung to: "She'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain."
I am thankful for my doggy and my cat
And my teddy bear so furry, soft and fat,
I am thankful for soft kittens
and my nice warm woolen mittens
And my swing set and my baseball and my bat
I am thankful for my crayons and my books
And the way our brand new baby smiles and looks,
I am thankful for potatoes
and for juicy ripe tomatoes
And for all the tasty food that mommy cooks.
I am thankful for my mommy and my dad,
They both love me whether I am good or bad,
I am thankful for the flowers
and refreshing summer showers,
All the pretty things around me make me glad.

Falling Leaves
Tune: Twinkle Twinkle
Falling falling falling leaves,
Mother Nature did you sneeze? (ACHOO!)
Red ones, yellow ones, orange and brown.
Big ones, little ones on the ground.
Falling falling falling leaves,
Mother Nature did you sneeze? (ACHOO!)

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Here is another fall song:
(sung to "London Bridge")
1st verse: Have children toss up squares of tulle and watch them fall down

Autumn leaves are falling down, falling down, falling down.
Autumn leaves are falling down, on the ground.

2nd verse: Have children scrunch up the "leaves" then throw them on the ground
Take the leaves and scrunch them up, scrunch them up, scrunch them up.
Take the leaves and scrunch them up, then throw them on the ground.

This would probably work with tissues as well if tulle is not available.

Kathy Cowley said...

I found some more fun Thanksgiving songs at http://www.everythingpreschool.com/themes/thanksgiving/songs.htm